Deadline 2022 | 30.09-02.10.2022 | ORWOHaus, Berlin
A non-commercial computer arts and multimedia festival held annually – this year for the eigths time. Come and join us for a weekend full of fun, and meeting of old and new friends!
A wide variety of competitions to take part in awaits you! We have the classic demoscene categories, such as PC Demo, Oldschool Demo, Graphics, Music and Animation, but we also have Deadline exclusives, such as the three-dee (anaglyph glasses) competiton. You can also send us your entries and take part remotely. We look forward to your releases!
Seminars & Workshops
Learn new skills or find out what others are doing. Also this is your chance to finally present something cool you worked on to a bigger audience. We still have free seminar slots available!
Dance, Socialize and Play
Enjoy Demoshows on the bigscreen, meet friends at the bar or outside at the bonfire, take part in the retro-gaming-tournament and dance into the night with our musical acts – we have it all.
The party will happen in the faboulous industrial location of ORWOHaus Berlin. It’s in the north-east of Berlin, easily reachable by car or public transportation. Click below to get directions on how to get to the party!
Ticket information (2021 Info, to be updated)
- All tickets are valid for the entire duration of the party (3 days) and include a table space to put your stuff on inside the party hall
- Unlike in other years we don’t sell tickets at the door, but only in advance. The “shipment” address will be registered as contact data, in case there is a Corona case and we need to notify the authorities. So please make sure this is the correct address.
- This year there are no day-tickets available, unfortunately.
The supporter ticket greatly helps us to finance the party, please consider buying one, if you can afford it. As a supporter-ticket holder you will:
- Be mentioned on our website as a supporter (unless you prefer to remain anonymous – simply tell us during the payment)
- Be mentioned at the prizegiving as a supporter (unless you prefer to remain anonymous)
- You can send us a slide which will be regularly shown on the big screen during the party
- We will reserve you a Deadline 2021 T-Shirt in your size
- We will love you eternally. <3
The discounted Ticket holds the same features as the regular Ticket. It’s given out on mutual trust basis to the following people:
- First time demoparty visitors: We want to encourage newcomers to come to Deadline! So if you’re unsure on whether it’s worth it or not take this opportunity, come around and be part of it!
- People who could not afford to come otherwise: Eg. a low income, a far and expensive trip, etc. We don’t expect you to send us detailed explanations or copies of your account statement. Just be fair and don’t take this ticket if you could easily afford the other one, since we have a limited party budget.
Please note: You need to be fully vaccinated or recovered to be able to attend in person. Bring your proof, it will be checked at the door.
Corona Regulations @ Deadline (2021 Info, to be updated)
- No sleeping hall available this time (as the sleeping hall would not be properly ventilated, unlike the main hall),
- You need to be fully vaccinated or recovered (so called “2G” in Germany). Immunization state will be rigorously checked at the door/impfodesk upon check-in (if possible bring a digital certificate, because it speeds up the process)
- Please refrain from coming when you’re not feeling well or have any covid-related symptoms. Just write us a mail and we will fully reimburse your entry-fee, no questions asked.
- We will make use of the new ventilation system the ORWOHaus has in place. On it’s maximum level, it can exchange the air of the whole hall within around 10 minutes.
- We will provide free self-tests at the infodesk, so that you can test yourself when you come or before you head back. (thanks to Underground Conference for providing these!)
- No mask obligation, but we will nevertheless provide free masks at the impfodesk and at the dancefloor for everybody to use as they see fit.
- We will provide buttons with different colours which you can use (optionally) to indicate your preffered way of human contact (see picture above)
- We will provide additional tables to offer some opportunities for people who like to keep some distance to find a separate place, while groups can of course still sit together. (this is of course somewhat limited by the space available, but we’ll do our best)
- Of course there will be hand-sanitizers ready, eg. at the infodesk, gaming area, toilets and bar.
- We will hire an external cleaning service to do some extra rounds at the toilets during the party.